Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

TGV


TGV
At this moment we are riding on the TGV to Switzerland from Paris. Fortunately, as we were exiting our cab at the station, a man came to grab our bags and help us get into the station. Normally I would have shrugged off such a person as I can carry my own bags and don’t want to pay someone else to do it, but this time we allowed it and boy am I glad we did! He spoke no English but looked at our ticket and immediately directed us to the second floor platforms. I had to practically run through the terminal to keep up with him and for a moment the thought crossed my mind that he was going to abscond with our belongings, but I was wrong. He was ever so helpful and kind and even offered to come back when our train came to help us get on properly. I told him as best I could that we could manage and he left. I am so grateful for this guy because it would have taken me an hour to navigate my way through the freezing cold and confusing station.
 Cold, cold, cold train station!

Paris Gare de Lyon Train Station


Now we are cruising southeast through the French countryside where farmlands, quaint villages, and frozen rivers dominate the view. Jeff has made friends with a Korean family next to us. They speak Korean and a little French but somehow Jeff is still able to talk to them about where he has visited in Korea. Jeff is able to make friends anywhere!  They are very sweet and have enjoyed giving our girls chocolate candies.
We are getting very excited for the Switzerland leg or our trip and I am especially excited to see my friend Nikki, who I have not seen in many years. Au Revoir!

 On the train from France to Switzerland

2 comments:

  1. It sure looks and sounds like you are all having a spectacular time! I am so happy that you're keeping this blog. It's nice to be able to get out of Riverside and see Europe :) Stay warm sewer Davidson family!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say sweet Davidson family!

    ReplyDelete