Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

American Food

Eating out in Switzerland is ultra expensive so we try to limit our meals to lunch out only, taking breakfast and dinner at the house. It works out well because then we are home by the time the pups need to go out. Well, yesterday was a day of rest. The kids had multiple breakdowns and attitude problems so we decided to have a day in where they could play and rest. Even Dad got a nap in and I got some laundry done. Well around dinner time we decided to go out to dinner! We hadn't done that yet, so I really didn't even know where to go but I was craving a nice solid cheeseburger.
I found a restaurant online that proclaimed to sell American food....it even sounded American, plus they had a play area for kids. So we hopped in the car and headed over to Buffalo Grille in a neighboring town, Crissier.
Oh my.
Walking in, I was heartened to see murals of the wild west, pictures of the Grand Canyon, cowboys, and covered wagons. WooHoo! I found some American food! Maybe the menu is in English too! YES!

NO.

The menu is not in English. The waitress DOES NOT speak English. At all. Not even a little.
Poor girl.
Let's just say we tipped her very well. ;)
She was so sweet, and genuinely felt badly that we could not communicate. I kept telling her that it was not her fault, but mine, not that she understood me hahaha. Anyhow, I did get a cheeseburger and it did not have fried potatoes in place of the bread like the picture I saw on the menu. It was, however, the rarest piece of meat I have ever had in my life. And after all the gesticulating I had done to get it, I was not going to bother that poor girl to send it back!
They do however, make a mean margarita. Thus the big tip lol.
Anyhow, the kids had a fun time and we got out for a night....plus I didn't have to cook. :)
An American Dinner!

 *o*

Natalie enjoying some Barbe a papa. (That is one of my new French words, along with pommes de terre)

No comments:

Post a Comment