Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Switzerland!

We officially arrived in Switzerland yesterday via train from France. It was so great to see Nikki at the train station as I have not seen her in several years. The train ride was great and she showed us around town a bit as we drove back to Chateau Wick. They live in a beautiful area in the country outside of Lausanne where there is a lot of room for their two little guys and two furry guys to run and play. I'll have to get some pics up soon of their awesome place!
While Nikki finished up an order that she had due on Sunday my kids settled right in playing with all of Connor and Aiden's toys! Here is some of Nikki's awesome work.

I wish I had photographed the finished product of this giant cupcake. It was for a little girl's first birthday party and it turned out so adorable. I'm sure she will post a final picture on her blog here soon. (Maybe after her vacation!)
Natalie and Connor hanging out
Katie...Best dog-sitter EVER!






It was so wonderful to see my friend, meet her family, and catch up on everything that has been happening in her life.  Ryan, Nikki's chef extraordinaire husband, took really great care of us while we nursed our jetlag. He introduced us to some Foie gras (don't tell PETA). It was my first time trying it and it was very good! Then he cooked a delicious dinner for everyone!

It was fantastic and such a welcome sight to us. All in all we are having a great time in Switzerland so far. We look forward to doing some exploring before the snow comes in this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment